Share this Post
Welcome to Episode 010 of the #JPSPEAKS: Social Justice & Inclusion Podcast for Higher Education Professionals! Today, I had the honor of interviewing, Dar Mayweather from doingthegoodwork.com!
Below, you will find the show notes, a biography on Dar Mayweather, and Dar’s call-to-action! Enjoy!
In this particular episode, you will learn:
- What is Racism?
- How does Racism show up in the Workplace?
- What are three strategies to practice self care?
- An opportunity to register for Dar’s upcoming JP Webinar, “I’m Tired: Racism in the Workplace & Intentional Self Care” at a discounted price using the promo code: febweb
Dar Mayweather’s Biography & Contact Info:
Dar earned a Bachelors in Criminal Justice, a Masters in Education and is currently pursuing a Doctorate in Educational Leadership. His professional leadership journey began in corporate, then mental health, and now higher education. He learned that everyone is a leader and believes that leaders need to practice supporting people from different backgrounds. “We all are different and come from different spaces. Everyone in the workforce needs to learn skills’ on how to engage and ultimately lead across difference. My calling on this earth is to train people to lead with excellence by tapping into their Multicultural Leadership skills.” Dar founded Good Mayweather to be a resource to businesses, colleges & universities, non profits, and community leaders on inclusion, diversity education, and leadership.
- #JPWebinar: I’m Tired: Racism in the Workplace & Intentional Self Care
- Promo Code for Upcoming #JPWebinar: febweb (15% discount)
What is your reaction to the above call-to-action? What conversations or thoughts have you had as a result of the above call-to-action? In order to build community around these challenges, share your reactions and accomplishments on your social media accounts by using #JPSPEAKS!